Do you like playing with bubbles? I know I do. Do you wish your bubbles wouldn't pop so quickly? This science fair project was done to determine if adding other substances to Gain liquid detergent can help the bubbles last longer. Testing was done by adding corn syrup, sugar water, glycerin and lemon juice the to the liquid detergent.
Soap bubbles made from liquid detergent and glycerin will last the longest. I chose glycerin because it was the most expensive and sounds scientific.
- 5 empty plastic cups
- 100ml of liquid detergent (Gain)
- 500ml of water
- A bubble blowing toy
- 10ml of corn syrup
- 10ml of glycerin (may be purchased at Walmart)
- 10mg of sugar
- 10ml of lemon juice
- 1 stopwatch
- A measuring beaker
- A weighing scale
- 1 black marker pen
1. Using the black marker pen, the 5 plastic cups are labeled as "soap", "corn syrup", "glycerin", "sugar" and "lemon".
2. Each cup is filled with 100ml of water. Another 20ml of liquid detergent is added to each cup and mixed with the water. Then, depending on the marking on the cups, 10 ml of corn syrup, glycerin, sugar and lemon is added to each cup and mixed once more. The cup marked soap will be the control and it contains only a mixture of water and detergent.
3. The bubble blowing toy is dipped into one of the plastic cups and a bubble will be blown. The stopwatch is started and it is observed how long the bubble lasts before it bursts. The experiment is repeated 5 times and the longest time clocked, is recorded in the table given below.
4. Procedure 3 is ...
Any barren region that supports very little life may be called a desert. The cold expanses of Antarctica, extreme northern Asia, and Greenland are therefore true, but cold, deserts. Most commonly, however, the term desert is used for regions that are barren because they are arid, or dry. Arid deserts receive little precipitation and are characteriz...
About 2.5 billion years ago, oxygen began slowly to accumulate in the atmosphere, as a result of the photosynthetic activity of the cyanobacteria. Those prokaryotes that were able to use oxygen in ATP production gained a strong advantage, and so they began to prosper and increase. Some of these cells may have evolved into modern forms of aerobic b...
Computers affect the lives of nearly everyone living today. No matter where it is that someone calls their home; there is almost a certainty that they have some sort of daily interaction with computers or some kind of computer driven device. Every morning, millions of people of every field imaginable go off to work and start up their computers. The...
There are many beaches in the world ,which one you would like to visit ? Each one has its own characteristics in architecture ,the way of its people ,landscape,etc. For me ,Nha Trang is the best beach in my heart .Nha Trang beach has lots of wonderful sight that can help me reduce stress after work and school.i used to go there one a month when I...
The Life of the The Bedouin people of Egypt can easily be described as a people with no place to call a home. Studying the Bedouins show that they have a deep and unique culture. They do not get involved in politics, and they live a humble and modest life. The Bedouin Nomads of Egypt are predominantly Muslim. Therefore, their beliefs, practice...